If you check at least half of the following items, you may benefit from a consultation with a trained professional who can help you in working through a depression.
– It is hard for me to concentrate on reading or watching TV.
– My future seems hopeless.
– I do things slowly.
– Pleasure and joy have gone out of my life.
– I feel sad, blue and unhappy.
– I have lost interest in things that used to be important to me.
– I have difficulty making decisions.
– I feel that I am guilty and deserve to be punished.
– It takes a great effort to do even simple things.
– I feel fatigued.
– I have had thoughts about hurting myself.
– My sleep is disturbed – too little, too much, or broken sleep.
– Without trying to diet, I have lost (or gained) weight.
– I feel depressed even when good things happen.
– I have negative thoughts much of the time.
Dr. Baya Mebarek, Psy.D., LMFT
San Diego Couples and Family Therapy serves the surrounding areas of Sorrento Valley Road as La Jolla, UTC San Diego, Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penasquitos, Poway, University City and Escondido.