The most common way people cope with anxiety is by avoiding those situations they feel anxious about. This only makes things worse. Stop this vicious cycle now. Do not let your emotions determine how you will live. Anxiety deprives your family of a peaceful, hopeful life. Get professional help and learn new strategies to soothe yourself and master your anxiety.
Research shows that coping skills like relaxation, meditation, mindfulness, hypnosis and others like these help to soothe the mind and minimize stress. The practice of quieting the mind leads to enhanced decision making and peace. Empower yourself. Be proactive. Take the first step.
Choosing a therapist is an important decision. I offer a 15 minutes phone consultation to help you make this first step!
San Diego Couples and Family Therapy provides counseling in the convenient area of Sorrento Valley Road. We also serve the surrounding areas of La Jolla, UTC San Diego, Del Mar, University City, Rancho Santa Fe, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penasquitos, Poway and Escondido.
For your information:
- Anxiety and depression tend to co-exist in the same adult person.
- Anxiety is costly. Anxious people tend to be led by their emotions, affecting health and influencing the decision making process.
- People with anxiety tend to isolate, play it safe, look for quick fixes, and struggle in relationships.
- Anxiety and depression have a different age of onset. Anxiety tends to precede depression by a few years.
- Anxiety in childhood should be monitored by parents and dealt with as soon as possible.
- An anxious child or teenager is likely to become a depressed adult. It is important to address the anxiety of a child/teenager and seek help to teach him soothing strategies.