Are you both busy, working professionals ? Does fighting traffic, finding a babysitter, and getting the two of you in the same place at the same time to sit down for marriage counseling seems impossible? Are your work schedules erratic?
Online Marriage counseling may well fit your needs, and help save your marriage.
Break the negative cycle of how you react to each other, rebuild the trust, heal relationship wounds, develop effective ways to handle conflicts and learn to develop and sustain a positive, safe, relationship.
Did you know that conflict, when handled appropriately, can result in greater intimacy? Couples therapy can empower you to communicate more effectively and work through disagreements. You can learn to handle your conflicts, to resolve past wounds with understanding and tenderness. What you are going through might be an opportunity for growth and change! You can learn to create a relational environment where the intimacy, trust and romance flourish.
Research shows that the average couple waits six years before seeking help from a couples therapist for marital problems. Don’t wait. Seek help now. Scheduling an appointment with a qualified relational therapist is a courageous first step.
For your information:
Recommendations for Making Marriage Work (J. Gottman):
- Learn more about each other’s worlds.
- Focus on the things you admire about the other person.
- Connect in small ways and engaging in “chit-chat”.
- Accept your partner’s influence.
- Solve solvable problems.
- Cope intelligently with unsolvable problems.
- Create your own culture with its own rich symbols and rituals.
- Learn to shed up!
- Refuse to accept hurtful behavior from one another.
- Learn to exit arguments and repair the situation.